The experience of living together in a campsite with family or friends is worth treasuring along with memories of unforgettable vacations.
Whether you do it just for fun, the adventures that you go through with your group and the overall camping experience is oftentimes memorable, you want to do it again.
Spending the holidays with your loved ones can be a simple affair but if you decide to go camping, then you have a lot to prepare for. Choosing a good place to camp is one of the most important thing to consider when you want to enjoy and get the most out of your camping trip. Here are some camping tips and products that are tried and tested that you might find useful during holidays:
In theory, finding a completey flat place where you can setup all your equipment seems to be the best and most comfortable but you must know that a couple hours of rain will flood your camping area. Added with some unforseen events like tent that leaks, or night club activities, moving your tent together with all of your things to a safer and drier place will be difficult. So, it is advisable to look for some height over the generality of the terrain instead of low zones. The high, solid soil is always drier (thanks to the sun), fresh and mosquito free.
Camping near a natural drainage, will cause all rainwater to come, go alone; and will prevent you from doing your private business on your own.
When checking to see how good the camping site is, before the tent is built, you can test the ground by leaning on it, checking if it is firm and even enough, as if there are no visible rocks that can prick your bodies while you sleep.
Space needs to be clean of branches, rocks and other objects that prevent a good break and can break the floor of the tent. The same applies to the rest of the area since you will be walking there at night, this is to prevent tripping with large branches or other obstacles when returning from the bath half asleep
Tall, medium height trees are the ones that offer superior shades and are safer compared to those that are much taller.
However if you plan to camp in an area of during the cold weather, you should orient the tent in such a way that the sun reaches directly through the afternoon.
A solid rock or a group of trees are excellent natural barriers that protect your camp from the wind and the sun. If not, it will also be a protection to place the entrance of the store or the most exposed part of the bivouac perpendicular to the wind (as it will change in the opposite direction to morning and night).
If camping is planned near the sea, it is important to keep in mind that the closer to the waves a tent is raised, the greater the wind impact and changes in temperature it will have to endure. When newar the river, the precaution is with increasing surprises that can be dangerous if camping around the bank, (especially in mountains and mountains).
It is always convenient to be located at least 200 meters from a water supply, clear, fresh and drinkable (indispensable for drinking, cooking and cleaning in general). At this distance there will be no risk of contaminating or distancing animals from their source of hydration.
Dangerous places if you camp in unfitted places:
– It is a bad idea to install a camp in enclosed spaces, with weeds or high grasslands, dumps, fuelwood, abandoned sheds, thick bushes, canes and other places of the style that can be used as caves.
– Beware of stinging and prickly plants. Predicting the existence of some poisonous or toxic vegetation, it is often convenient if the territory is not known, to investigate the local people or other campers who have already been there.
– For safety, be careful with the rock walls, and what can fall from the trees.
– Avoid camping in closed forests, deep ditches or dry river beds. It is not convenient to rely on soft surfaces, or on the meadows where the soil is too fragile.
In case of being a social camping, then you should pay attention to:
– The arrangement of tents already installed. Its orientation with respect to the winds and the sun.
– The points of high circulation and comfort, such as toilets, administration and shops. In case of seeking tranquility and greater connection with the environment, it should be established in a more isolated sector.
– The available outlets, which will avoid disturbances in the electrical connection.